Friday, July 31, 2009

I was swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and I found a jaw of some sort of fish.?

The teeth are razor sharp and about 0.5 centimeters long. There is only one row of teeth. I only found one straight section of the jaw, about three inches. I think it is either a barracuda or some sort of shark. Do you know?

I was swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and I found a jaw of some sort of fish.?
Sharks don't have bones and have more than one row of teeth. Barracuda have enlarged teeth near the front of the jaw. Bluefish, halibut, wahoo, and king mackerel all have teeth that could fit your description, they vary in tooth profile and spacing. An expert could probably identify the species from a photograph - include a scale and make it big enough so that the ends of the bone can be seen.



visual arts

No comments:

Post a Comment